Thursday, December 05, 2013

Medical Marijuana and the Nature of Evil

The Evil Weed is slowly becoming legal. This is how Satan makes his subtle inroads into our pristine lives! Next, they'll start letting homosexuals marry! Wait. What? That's already happening? And I didn't even know. That's the thing with evil. You don't even know it's there unless someone appoints himself to inform you! Some kinds of evil are obvious, like mass murder and gang rape. We don't need anyone to tell us that this is bad stuff. Things like that are so blatantly horrible that you know instinctively they are bad. You know that you should report such things, and scrupulously avoid the people who do this sort of stuff.
 Other evils are harder to identify. You need folks who are well-read on the subject to keep you up to date. Otherwise, how would we know that if two people of the same sex decided to sleep together and, well, get together, that would immediately begin to tear apart the fabric of our society? I certainly had no idea, and I consider myself a pretty smart dude. Likewise, marijuana, the harmlessly named drug that, if smoked, will destroy your life, the lives of all around you, and eventually bring about the end of Western Civilization. I'm not making this up. It's been officially documented by the Federal Government since the 1920's, so it's obviously true.
 I'm not going to say I've tried marijuana, or mention that I came of age in the sixties. Neither will I say that I used to light up first thing in the morning when my parents were away on vacation, put some Mozart on the stereo, and boil a couple of eggs for breakfast. That would be unseemly for a serious blogger such as myself. I'm just saying.
 If you don't need the government or the church to tell you what to do, but are still looking for guidance, you can turn to the medical profession. They say that if you eat too much bacon, you will only live to the age of ninety-six and a half, instead of ninety-seven. Think how satisfying those last six months will be!
 A negative person might point out that the medical profession used to use leeches to draw out the poison from a sick person's blood. They used to say that night air was poisonous, that cigarettes were OK, and that Thalidomide was good for pregnant women who were suffering from depression. I'm not a negative person, so I won't even bring those things up.

No comments: